Podium discussion: China’s long arm in Switzerland6. June 2018, 11:20
Five years after Switzerland signed a free trade agreement with China, the STP and Tibet organisations note that China’s influence is increasing. This is also affecting the fundamental rights of Tibetans in Switzerland – who must be protected.
How does China try to internationally take influence? What Impact does that have for the Tibetan community and how do they handle the controlling? What are possible counteractions? And how does Switzerland position themselves considering this? These are the centered questions in this podium discussion.
- Kelsang Gyaltsen (former special envoy of the Dalai Lama for Europe)
- Barbara Gysi (National Council, SP)
- Paolo Bernasconi (former titular professor HSG, lawyer)
- Palmo Brunner (doctoral candidate Departure of Political Science, University of Zurich)
- Moderated by: Angela Mattli (Campaignleader Minorities & Discrimination, STP)
Entry free. Please sign up via E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
More Information about the campaign: https://www.gfbv.ch/en/campaigns/rights-for-tibetans/
Society for Threatened Peoples (STP)
Tibetan Youth Association in Europe (TYAE)
Gesellschaft Schweizerisch-Tibetische Freundschaft (GSTF)
Tibeter Gemeinschaft in der Schweiz und Liechtenstein (TGSL)
Tibetische Frauen-Organisation in der Schweiz (TFOS)